Boris Sheiko needs no introduction to those familiar with picking up heavy things.
For those unfamiliar, his strength training methods apply to all skill levels and consistently produce the strongest athletes in the world. He is the man behind the Russian National Powerlifting team’s absolute dominance at international competitions for nearly a decade. His athletes have won more European and World Championships than athletes under any other coach — by a very significant margin. As of 2019, the medal count for his athletes stood at 117 gold, silver, and bronze medals.
In today’s weight training world, there are countless ideas and theories about what works and what doesn’t work. Some of these are even tested and validated in research labs. But very few pass the ultimate validation of bringing home medals from competitions with the world’s best. In the jungle of competing theories about what is best, Sheiko’s system has emerged as the clear leader of the pack. Your search for what you should be doing has ended. You have arrived at your destination.
- Head coach of the Men’s National Team of Russia (1999-2005)
- Undefeated at World and European team championships during this time
- Prepared 8 Honored Masters of Sports
- Professor in powerlifting, author of more than 160 powerlifting articles and 16 books
- Honored Weightlifting Coach of Kazakhstan
- Honored Powerlifting Coach of Kazakhstan
|World Championships (1991-2019)|
|World Bench Press Open||6||12||2||20|
|World Bench Press Juniors||4||1||–||5|
|European Championships (1998-2019)|
|European Bench Press Open||11||3||–||14|