This program is two days per week and is the weight training portion of a fighter’s overall training plan. It is six weeks long and is sequenced to be compatible with a taper towards a fight.
You’ve already built the capacity to generate maximum force. You should have a good strength to weight ratio already. Now it’s time to increase your power to weight ratio. That’s what you need and that’s just what you’ll get.
Who is this for?
This program is designed for experienced men and women who have already gone through at least one cycle of Phase III.
Movements will increase in velocity as you go through the program. At the same time, you’ll maintain your strength while building the capacity to exert high levels of force for longer periods of time.
If you have a fight coming up and want to sync this program with your fight, count backward from your fight date and start the program there. Allow one additional week in the end for your deload. For example, your fight is in 4 weeks. The program looks like this:
- Week 1
- Week 2
- Week 3
- Week 4
- Week 5
- Week 6
- Deload – No weights, only technical work and conditioning
Count 4 weeks backward from your fight date. That lands you on training Week 4. Set the program in the app to start there and off you go.
The first time you encounter a new exercise you have not previously done, the app will assign an estimated working weight. Use the following procedure to correctly calibrate the weights for future workouts.
- Scan through your assigned weights.
- Locate the first set with the heaviest weight
- That set is your first “workset”.
- The target reps in reserve (RIR) for all your worksets is 4-1 RIR.
- Adjust the weight of your sets as needed by either adding or subtracting weight, so that your heaviest sets fall in this RIR range.
- Example: your assigned top set is 85 for 5 reps. The most you’ve ever done is 75 for 5 reps. So adjust your weight down to 70 so you can hit 5 reps with just a little effort to spare.
Enjoy, and get Strongur!